Here are some of the songs that can't be found on any of the "commercial" releases...and some info on where they can be found.
- Baby it's Cold Outside -- performed with Rita McNeil. There is also a version with Ed and Holly Cole; lyricly, they are almost identical.
- Back -- (Steven Page/Ed Robertson) Recorded for Born on a Pirate Ship but cut from the album. Track #3 on the Brian Wilson 2000 single (CD: 9 17290-2 Reprise Records (US))
- Ballad of Gordon -- Public service announcement on Fox in early 90's.
- Born Human -- (Kevin Hearn) Track #4 on the Pinch Me single import (CD: 9362449292 WEA/Reprise Records (Australia))
- Break Your Heart (Alternate Version) -- These are the "original" lyrics for Break Your Heart and can be found on the live recording of a show performed at Massey Hall in April of 1993. (Also referred to as "I Didn't Mean to Break Your Heart.")
- Careless Whisper -- (George Michael) Live cover- This song still shows up in set lists as a opener, or sometimes a female vocalist will join Steve on vocals.
- Christmas Time (Oh Yeah) -- (Kevin Hearn) Released November 21, 1995 on the CD "Cool Christmas." It can also be found as Track #1 on the Ladies Room CD, Volume 3. (LR 9903)
- Close to You -- (Burt Bacharach) BNL played "Close to You" at a tribute to Burt Bacharach on April 15, 1998 at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City. The track can be found on "Burt Bacharach One Amazing Night." (CD: N2K-10008 N2K-Encoded Music (US))
- Comes a Time -- (Neil Young) Cover from a '95 etown performance.
- Do They Know It's Christmas Time? -- (Co-Written by Sir Bob Geldof and Midge Ure. Also produced by Ure.) Cover of Band-Aid song often pops up during Christmas Radio Shows.
- Every Song Medley--During the Maroon Tour-2000-2001 BNL played this "song." It was a way for them to finally evade the demand, "play your old stuff!" It is a medley of various songs from Gordon-Stunt. One live version from 10/10/00 is on the Ladies Room Volume 4 CD.
- Farmboy Homeboy -- (Steven Page/Geoff Pouncett) Performed during the "Barenaked Rap" at the end of just about every BNL show.
- Fight the Power -- (Public Enemy) Cover that can be found on the "Yellow Tape" (minute and a half version on cassette only: pp003c Page Publications (Canada)) or the version recorded during the Gordon sessions can be found on the "Coneheads" movie soundtrack (CD: 9-45345-2 Warner Bros. (North America)).
- Fox on the Run -- (Tony Hazzard / "Bird On The Wire" - Leonard Cohen / "It Takes Two"- Rob Base & D.J. Ez Rock) Unreleased rare cover- most popular version from Ultrasound in Toronto in '91.
- Gangster Girl -- Written for/performed in the movie "Wrong Guy". It was never released outside of Canada. (The ladies are in it for less than five minutes.)
- Get In Line -- (words: Steven Page/Ed Robertson, music: Steven Page/Ed Robertson/Jim Creeggan) "Music From and Inspired by the TV Series King of the Hill" (CD: 62441-2 Elektra Entertainment (North America)). Also on the Greatest Hits album.
- God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen -- w/ Sarah McLachlan recorded backstage at Palace of Auburn Hills, MI on 12/8/96. "We Three Kings" pops up in the middle. It's track #2 (edited) on the Ladies Room Room CD, Volume 1.
- Govatsos Shuffle -- An improv on 8-26-97 in Boston about Reprise rep Andrew Govatsos. 500 discs were available in the New England area.
- Green Christmas -- (Steven Page/Ed Robertson) "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" soundtrack
- Grim Grinning Ghosts -- Remake of theme from the Disney ride The Haunted Mansion. Can be found on "Disney's Music from the Park"
- Here We Go -- (Andy and Jim Creeggan/Steven Page)Unreleased and only performed a few times. It can be found on the live recording of a 1992 show at The Icon in Buffalo, NY. (Also referred to as "On Our Own.")
- I Can I Will I Do -- Unreleased. Recorded in the Spring of 2001 with the new tracks on the Greatest Hits album. It was supposed to be in the movie Shallow Hal, but it was cut (?). No cut of the song (live or studio) is floating around anywhere. The lyrics were printed in an issue of The Ladies Room.
- I Don't Get it Anymore -- Unreleased. Recorded in the Spring of 2001 with the new tracks on the Greatest Hits album. It was played live during the Under Where? 2001 summer tour.
- I'll Be That Girl (Demo) -- (Stephen Duffy/Steven Page) Track #2 on the Ladies Room Room CD, Volume 2.
- Inline Bowline -- (Jim Creeggan) Track #3 on the Pinch Me single import (CD: 9362449292 WEA/Reprise Records (Australia))
- Joseph Brown -- (Steven Page/Geoff Pouncett) Orginally a Scary Movie Breakfast song- Unreleased. Most popular version from Ultrasound in Toronto in '91.
- Little Green Bag -- Tom Jones and BNL perform this cover on Tom Jones' Reload album.
- McDonald's Girl -- (Dean Friedman) Early live favorite. The "she's hardcore/show you the door" verse is lifted from the Beastie Boys song "Hey Ladies." Officially retired on 12/31/99.
- Powder Blue -- (Stephen Duffy/Steven Page) Track #2 on the Pinch Me single (CD: 9168272 Reprise Records (North America)).
- Same Thing (Alternate Version) -- These are the "original" lyrics for "Same Thing" and can be found on the live recording of a show performed at Massey Hall in April of 1993.
- Scared Song -- (Andy & Jim Creeggan/Sherry Anderson) Performed live w/ ladies circa 93-95 and still performed by Brothers Creeggan. Found on The Brothers Creeggan I (BC 1322).
- Sexuality -- (Billy Bragg) Live rarity- BNL and Billy Braggs perform one of Braggs' songs at one of the live gigs they did together.
- Shake Your Rump -- (Beastie Boys / "Alphabet Street" - Prince) Played during the MYSD tour.
- Skinhead -- Unreleased early live rarity. It was recorded for the Barenaked Recess demo.
- Steven Page is Having a Baby -- (Steven Page) Track #2 on the Ladies Room CD, Volume 3. (LR 9903)
- Still Ill -- Unreleased rare cover of The Smiths song- most popular version from Ultrasound in Toronto in'91. Showcases the raw emotion Steve can convey through his voice- truly a beautiful song.
- Teenage Wasteland -- Unreleased. It can be found on a live recording of a '93 Radio Free NY in-studio performance.
- Trust Me -- (Stephen Duffy/Steven Page) Written for Maybe You Should Drive- cut from album. Re-recorded for Born on a Pirate Ship- cut form album. The Born on a Pirate Ship version is track #3 on the Shoebox E.P. (CD: 9461832)
- We're the Barenaked Ladies -- Live On Glastonbury BBC Radio 1993.
- When Doves Cry -- Live cover of Prince song.
*We don't claim that all of these lyrics are correct. For many of the songs lyrics have never been printed, so we just put up what we hear. Naturally, the lyrics are not 100% correct. Steve mumbles a lot too.